Me Made May continues: Here’s the lineup from this past week.
- Daisy Skirt – Butterick 5431, altered to have four panels with grainline running down the center of each panel as per Sandra Betzina/Power Sewing. Rayon challis with elastic waist and lining – very swooshy!
- Dark denim skirt – Butterick 4461
- Colette Meringue in black cotton twill
- Oops. I sew On Saturdays, but not for them, apparently. A new blouse to be unveiled soon though!
- Butterick 5678 again
- Simplicity 2696 – View E in black cotton gauze
Day 9: Work.
I love this skirt! I had a similarly made (but longer) skirt out of this fabric that eventually wore out. I went hunting through my stash and found I still had enough fabric to squeeze out a new, shorter version. It’s not the best quality fabric, and heck, it’s got an elastic waistband, but Daisies! and Swoosh!
Day 10: Work.
Basic plain dark denim skirt. Goes with everything.
Day 11: Business meeting. Worn with brown shell, white cardigan, and flats.I’m not sure about where this sits – it’s too big if it’s at my waist, and too low where it fits over my hips. Some tweaking is needed.
Day 12: I spent most of the day sewing and anticipated changing into something me-made later in the day, but never got around to it. Nice vintage blouse out of shot cotton to be revealed soon though!
Day 13: Mother’s Day. Went with the guys out to brunch and then for a hike. Worn with jeans, of course, like all the other moms out on the trail.
Day 14: Work. Worn with jeans and converse.